Memorial Day Weekend may be the traditional unofficial start to grilling season, but we think Cinco de Mayo is the better time to kick off summer. For one thing, it gets you into outdoor celebration mode more than three weeks sooner, and it makes for a great opportunity to celebrate one of the world’s most varied and delicious cuisines. Everybody wins!
We’ve pulled together a few of our favorite recipes for mains, sweets and drinks as menu inspiration for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta. How do you like to celebrate, and what will you be eating next week?
- Shredded Pork Soft Tacos
- Chorizo Tacos with Pico de Gallo and Avocado Crema
- Drunken Short Ribs with Tomato Chile Sauce and Cabbage-Lime Slaw
- Green Chile Tamales
- Tequila and Lime Marinated Chicken Skewers with Cilantro Sauce
- Baja Fish Tacos
- Goat Cheese Enchiladas
- Grilled Shrimp with Lime and Chile-Cilantro Butter
- Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing