Faithful blog readers know that counter space in my kitchen is scarce and severely rationed. While I may covet nearly every small electric that we launch, it’s rare that I actually buy one. The appliances that make the cut have to meet 3 requirements:
- Small footprint
- Low profile
- Multiple uses
My most recent acquisition and current countertop all-star is a Vitamix Pro 750 Heritage Blender. This machine gets almost as much use as my chef’s knife and surprises me daily. It can do so much! Yes, it makes smoothies and nut butters, but did you know it can also make:
- Frozen desserts, some with no cream required. (This is why my freezer is filled with bags of peeled and frozen bananas.)
- Pancake (or waffle or popover or darn near any other kind of) batter. In seconds, I might add.
- Hummus: This is probably a gimme for most people, but it hadn’t even crossed my mind. Fresh hummus with a generous drizzle of olive oil and warm, soft pita bread is pure bliss.
- Creamy soups without added cream. My quick weeknight I-dont-need-any-more-calories-but-I’m-hungry dinner involves a can of stewed tomatoes, a celery stalk, a handful of carrots, some garlic, and chicken stock. In 5 minutes I have a steamy, creamy bowl of tomato soup with about 100 calories. (It’s even better with some jalapeño or fresh basil.)
- Flour. Not just wheat flours, either. You can make you own heritage grain or gluten-free flours, including rice and tapioca flour with the Dry Grain Container.
- Whipped cream. This one sealed the deal, given my affinity for whipped cream.
And that’s just the stuff I’ve discovered so far.
Hungry for more? Stop by Sur La Table stores today to see just how versatile Vitamix Blenders can be during our Blend it Up with Vitamix event.
Blend It Up with Vitamix, Sunday July 17 12-4p* at Sur La Table stores nationwide (*hours may vary by location)
Join us as we put our favorite blender through the paces with fun, tasty demos, special offers and a chance to win your own Vitamix Blender and Dry Grains Container Set – a $843 value! Learn more and find your store here.