New Year’s Eve calls for bubbles like nobody’s business. Of course, you can’t go wrong with a simple glass of something sparkling, but if you aren’t going to dress up on this night of all nights, then when are you? So for your NYE soirée consideration, we submit a dressed-up version of sparkling wine: the always-chic Champagne Cocktail.
[Pro tip: When ordering a cocktail, if you generally follow the “if it’s good enough for Cary Grant, it’s good enough for me” rule, you’ll always win the night.]
Now if you’re in the mood for something even more fancy than the Champagne Cocktail this year, we’ve collected a few more recipes for sparkling wine drinks from some of our favorite blogs and magazines below. Cheers!
- Pineapple-Ginger Sparkling Wine Cocktail [David Lebovitz]
- Holiday Rum Sparkler [Bon Appétit]
- Classic French 75 [Saveur]
- The Nardini Spritz [Brandon Pettit and Molly Wizenberg via Food52]
- Negroni Sbagliato [Serious Eats]
And stock up for your Champagne Cocktail with: