Season’s Greetings from Urban Accents!
First, a little history about us… twenty years ago we got our inspiration for Urban Accents from the edible holiday gifts we crafted for friends, so this time of year is very special for us. As Your Culinary Wingman, we’ve got your back in the kitchen because we believe food and holiday entertaining go hand in hand–but there’s no need to stress about it! We’re thrilled to partner with Sur la Table to bring small batch crafted, unique, innovative seasonings and mixes to you. All of our products feature a recipe suggestion on the package, but the best part of our job is testing and tasting ways to make them more versatile.
We’ve created five recipes perfect for any holiday gathering you’re hosting or bringing a dish to. Bite-sized stuffed mushrooms, trendy squash toasts, baked brie with a fruity topping, super easy apple crumble dessert and a holiday inspired Moscow mule is just what you need to complete a holiday feast, for hungry guests at a rockin’ NYE party, or even for a treat yourself night on the couch. Regardless of your plans, we’ll help you to be the star in the kitchen so the only ball that’s dropping will be in Times Square. Let’s get to the menu, shall we??!
Manchego & Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Give stuffed mushrooms a cheesy twist with our Manchego and Roasted Garlic Seasoning Mix. This easy appetizer will be ready in less than 30 minutes!
● 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
● 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
● 3 Tbsp Manchego & Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Seasoning Mix
● 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
● 1-2 lb baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
1. Set oven to 350°F. In a large skillet set to medium-high heat, cook sausage until browned. Remove from skillet onto a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb extra grease. In a bowl, add cooked sausage, bread crumbs, seasoning and parsley. Mix until well combined.
2. Scoop sausage mixture into the hollow area of mushroom. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Let mushrooms cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Balsamic & Roasted Onion Squash Toasts
Goat cheese & butternut squash? YES, PLEASE! Our Balsamic & Roasted Onion Seasoning Mix adds a lot of flavor without a ton of effort to this trendy app.
● 3 Tbsp olive oIl
● 1 Tbsp butter, melted
● 1 Tbsp Balsamic & Roasted Onion Brussels Sprouts Seasoning Mix
● 1 lb butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
● 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
● 1 loaf sourdough bread, sliced
● 4 oz goat cheese
● 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
1. Set oven 350°F. Mix together oil, butter and seasoning. Put squash and onion on a baking pan and drizzle seasoning mixture. Mix until well combined. Roast for 25 minutes or until tender, turning halfway.
2. Turn up oven temperature to 400°F. On a separate baking pan, add bread and bake until brown. (about 5-7 minutes). Remove from oven and spread goat cheese onto each slice of bread. Top with squash mixture and sprinkle on parsley. Serve immediately.
Baked Brie with Cranberry Relish with Fig
Ooey gooey Brie topped with our Cranberry Relish with Fig is a sure crowd pleaser! Serve with crackers and apples.
● 1 wheel brie cheese
● 3-5 Tbsp Cranberry Relish with Fig
● crackers, for serving
● apples, sliced, for serving
● walnuts, for garnish (optional)
1. Set oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place brie cheese in the middle of the baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and spread 3-5 Tbsp of relish on top of baked brie. Return to the oven for 4 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit 3 minutes before serving. Top with walnuts (optional).
Caramel Apple Crumble
Baked apples get packed with sweet and savory flavor when using our Honey, Ginger & Vanilla Seasoning.
● 5 graham crackers
● 1/3 cup all purpose flour
● 1 pouch Honey, Ginger and Vanilla Sweet Potato Seasoning Mix
● 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
● 2 apples, sliced
● 2 Tbsp butter, cut into small cubes
● whipped cream, for garnish
● caramel sauce, for garnish
1. Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Pulse graham crackers, flour & seasoning in the a food processor until finely ground. Transfer to a medium bowl and add melted butter; mix until a few large clumps form. Spread out crumble on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, shaking once, until golden, 12-15 minutes. Let cool.
2. Increase oven heat to 350°F. Spray a large baking dish with cooking spray. In a bowl, add apples and 1.5 cups of graham cracker mix. Toss to coat evenly. Pour into baking dish and cover with remaining graham cracker mix. Add cubes of butter on top and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Garnish with whipped cream and caramel sauce when ready to serve.
Mulled Cider Moscow Mule
Give the traditional Moscow Mule a seasonal makeover. Cider and mulling spice make this cocktail the go-to drink of the holidays.
● 8 oz mulled cider, chilled
● 8 oz ginger beer
● 6 oz vodka
● 1 lime, juiced
1. Mix all ingredients together and serve over ice.