With features like touch interface, variable speed control, and a programmable timer, the all new Vitamix Ascent will not only last you a lifetime but is also sure to become your most versatile kitchen-companion. And did we mention it’s the quietest Vitamix yet?
To get you started on your Vitamix journey, here are some of our favorite new recipes that we road-tested using the new Ascent.
Hint of Mint Smoothie
Serves 6 | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1½ cups (240 g) green grapes
- 4½ cups (100 g) loosely packed spinach
- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves
- 2½ cups (385 g) fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 cup (135 g) ice cubes
Instructions: Add all ingredients to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1 or the Smoothie program. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 45 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Smoothie program to complete.
Thyme Tomato Soup
Serves 5 | Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1½ cups (360 ml) water
- 1 (14½-ounce / 410 g) can diced tomatoes
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium carrot, halved
- 1 (2.6-ounce) jar oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1½ Tablespoons (15 g) onion, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1½ Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ vegetable bouillon cube
- ½ teaspoon flax meal
- ½ cup (120 ml) whole milk, unsweetened plain almond milk, or rice milk, room temperature
Instructions: Add all ingredients to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1 or the Hot Soup program. Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 6 minutes 15 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Hot Soup program to complete.
Kale & Basil Pesto
Serves 16 | Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups (25 g) basil leaves
- 2 cups (35 g) kale leaves
- 3 Tablespoons pine nuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
Instructions: Add all ingredients to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 40 seconds.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
Makes 1 Large Pizza Crust | Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3 cups unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1¾ teaspoons instant fast rise yeast
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 3¾ teaspoons olive oil
- 11 ounces (325 ml) hot water
Instructions: Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a large mixing bowl and a pizza pan and set aside. Add flour, yeast, and salt to the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1, start machine, and slowly increase speed to Variable 8. Blend for 5 seconds. Stop machine and remove the lid plug. Select Variable 3 and quickly Pulse about 60 times while slowly adding oil and water through the lid plug opening. After a ball has formed, Pulse continuously for 5 to 10 seconds. With floured hands, remove the dough and form into a round ball. Place dough in prepared mixing bowl, turning over to grease on all sides. Let rise for 10 minutes. Stretch onto pizza pan and top with desired toppings. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Mango Basil Frozen Yogurt
Serves 15 | Total Time: 8 minutes
- 2 cups (385 g) fresh ripe mango, rough chopped
- 1 Tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup (215 g) Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 cups (285 g) frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup (155 g) ice cubes
Instructions: In a medium-size bowl, stir together the fresh mango pieces and honey. Set aside and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Add yogurt, mango and honey mixture, basil, zest, frozen mango, and ice cubes to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid. Select Variable 1 or the Frozen Dessert program. Star the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed, and blend for 55 seconds; or start the machine and allow the Frozen Dessert program to complete. Use the tamper to press the ingredients toward the blades.