Happy Friday! This week’s roundup brings us a few different looks into the art of styling food for photo shoots. After all, that paella up there didn’t get delicious-looking all on its own. Plus, we found a story about “inventive” food at a Renaissance festival, pictures of scary seafood and more.
- Food styling is all the rage these days. [Serious Eats, Lucky Peach and Bon Appétit]
- Sure, an apple cake is a must-bake fall dessert, but why not try quince instead? [Chocolate & Zucchini]
- Who knew? The Texas Renaissance fair is such a haven for “inventive” foods that they have a culinary preview. [Houston Chronicle]
- Horde your cans of canned pumpkin! (Or buy some here.) [New York Magazine]
- Some seafood is much prettier when plated. [Huffington Post]
- Cotton candy grapes. Just yes. [NPR The Salt]