Well, hello again. Take a gander at this week’s assortment of fun odds and ends — and happy weekend!
- When life gives you excess Halloween candy, make cookie bars! [Joy the Baker]
- Tired of crying whenever you chop onions? Try this trick. [Stone Soup]
- Do you use a kitchen scale? (You should!) Here’s how to make sure it’s accurate. [Food52]
- Curious about which are the ten greatest sandwiches in movie history? Watch this. [Slate]
- Bad news — comfort food does not deliver on its promise. [Vox]
- What did we ever do before the booze-o-matic calculator? [Serious Eats]
- Care for a taste of the 17th century? [Cooking in the Archives]