Today brings us unsettling news from the bourbon industry, remembrances of growing up as Alice Waters’ daughter, a peek into a bar only Wes Anderson could design, a no-holds-barred review of meal-replacement Soylent and more — including a reader poll!
- Are bourbon marketers misleading us? Most likely. [NPR]
- What do you grow up eating when you grow up the daughter of Alice Waters? [Lucky Peach]
- Prayers have been answered for anyone who ever said, “I wish Wes Anderson would design a bar.” [Vogue]
- Go soak an egg! In soy sauce. (Slate told you to.) [Slate]
- Possibly the most beautiful bite-sized food ever? [This Colossal]
- Let the bone broth backlash begin! [Grub Street]
- Even if you hate cooking, you still might hate Soylent. [Vox]