Boo! It’s Friday again (amazing how that happens every week, no?), so here’s a roundup of tidbits to help pass the time until trick-or-treat o’clock. Have a safe and happy Halloween!
- Not sure which wine to pair with your Halloween loot? This handy chart breaks it down. [Vivino]
- On this spirited evening, perhaps you’re curious about the season’s best books on spirits (of the liquid variety)? [Tasting Table]
- Dark chocolate can improve your memory, but are you eating enough of it to feel the benefit? [PBS]
- Sorry, cupcake. Macarons are kind of a big deal these days. [The Atlantic]
- Not sure what to do with all that limp produce lurking in the back of the fridge? Try this genius soup. [Chocolate & Zucchini]
- Isn’t it interesting how preserving food preserves so much more than just food? [The Bitter Southerner]
- Weekend project: a grownup version of caramel apples. [America’s Test Kitchen via CNN]